Friday, January 1, 2010

It's been a while

Wow, has life really been so busy as to where I could not update my blog from time to time? Nope, I have just been super lazy about it :) We have however been finishing up lots of little things around here in hopes that we will be able to sell early this spring/summer. We just built a new garage, and I'm glad to say it is mostly done, Justin is just working on a few things inside now. I had this notion in my head that it would just take a month or so...I mean it's just a garage right. Yep no way. Started in October just finished in December so a full 2 months and some days. But it looks great and adds a lot to the home and our property.

I in the mean time have taken up the hobby of sewing...yep i'm a beginner :) I have been sewing a ton of burp cloths, and if I do say so myself they are quite adorable. I have tons of friends who are pregnant and I like to give gifts which are useful as well as cute! So I love hte idea of homemade items. This is going to be one of hte new additions to me baby baskets that I give as gifts. They are super adorable, I shall post a picture one of these days. I plan to sell them on etsy as a little side cash but we'll see how that goes.

So how was everyones holidays? We had a very good holiday season this year, lots of friends and family around. Instead of wasting money on pointless gifts this year I made sweet baskets for those that we would normally gift to. I made oreo truffles (they were the biggest hit) chow mein clusters, frosted cream cheese sugar cookies, puppy chow, and mini turtles. I have received lots of feedback on how yummy everything was so I believe this shall be my new holiday plan. Every year I will do baskets of useful and enjoyable gifts, mostly edible of course!
Over Christmas we had friends staying with us, the day after Christmas she took a pregnancy test and I was lucky one to be able to tell her "YOUR PREGNANT!" and yes I did yell it. It was quite awesome to be able to tell someone something that htey have wanted to hear for quite some time. I know it is something neither of us will ever forget.

Well I must be going for the evening, I'm going to do a little sewing and then J and I will be going to my parents for pizza and movie night. Tonights movie "The Hangover" Hope it is as good as hte reviews have been.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment