Saturday, January 2, 2010

Last Holiday

So we just got back from our last Holiday celebration of the season. My dads side of the family. I know I shouldn't favor one side over the other but this has always been my favorite. Until my grandma passed away however. She was the center of our family keeping everything running smoothly. Holidays were always at grandma and grandpas and Christmas was always celebrated on the Eve with this side. Since my grandmas passing 4 years ago our family has just turned into something I'm not very happy with. Nothing is the same. Two of the families have divorced which is so sad for so many reasons, this also causes us to have to work so hard to arrange a date that works for everyone. We used to draw names, now we play dirty santa, I don't really care for this game I like to by a gift for someone in particualr so I know I'm getting something that will be truly enjoyed and used. And well some of the new additions to the family don't mesh well with the rest of the family so it can get a bit strained :( But I mostly hate it because it reminds me that my grandma is not coming back and that things will never be the same. I hate this.

Overall though the night went well and we all seemed to have a decent time. J, my parents and my brother were all there, along with my little cousins to that is what is importnat to me!

Well I am going to call it an evening, hope everyone is having a nice night.

No comments:

Post a Comment