Monday, January 20, 2014

2013..a year in review

Well I have yet again disappeared from my blog life!  Amazing isn't it, sense the sarcasm.  I'm hoping to post more often and keep up to date with all of the fun happenings in our lives. 

Wow I am so happy to be done with 2103!!  I don't know what your year was like but good grief ours was everything it shouldn't have been.  I started 2013 miserable as I was in a position at work so uncomfortable I would of rather been forced to where g strings daily!  My principal continued to harass me and discredit my teaching skills, I will in defense of myself say that my students were doing amazing she just didn't like what she was seeing.  Really that is a good enough reason to let a person go??  Well just before spring break I was called to her office with my union rep so I could get the official word that I would not be asked to return for the new school year.  Whew did that take a huge weight off of my shoulders!  I could eat again and breath again..no really I was having so much anxiety breather was a rather big job.  I had managed to drop 30 pounds below my normal weight in just 2 years of being harassed.  I left in June with my things in tow with a smile on my face.  Ahhhh..

I took over my husbands paperwork and went to raising our son full time.  My husband while upset over the treatment at work and the stress it had placed on me seems happy to have me at home now.  However after the calm of June and July our world would be rocked again by a house fire on August 28th (my parents wedding anniversary).  I came home to smoke coming out of the roof line.  I have never felt so out of control of my own life than in that moment.  I had been gone for 3 hours.,..3 hours, how could this happen.  While I screamed for my sweet furbabies to come to the door my mom called the fire dept. and my 2.5 year sat in the back seat staring.  It was so out of body as I ran around the house trying to get the girls to come to every window, every door with no response.  I knew that they were gone but couldn't accept it.  I had my mom leave with S and take him to her place just down the road so he would see very little of what was to come...cops, fire trucks, gawkers, and our beloved dogs being carried lifeless from the house we called home.  Everything was a total loss.  TOTAL LOSS.  That breathing and eating issue I was having early in the year suddenly returned.  We spent the next few days moving in with my parents, hiring companies to help with the details and fighting with our home insurance...you must fight with them or get nothing.   Yourwhole life has been flipped upside down and you must argue for everything that you've been paying for, for the last 12 years of your life!

I must mention we had always just set the concrete forms as were getting ready to pour concrete for our new 2400 sq. ft. warehouse just down the road on other property we own.  We decided to see the silver lining in the fire and added a living quarter above part of the warehouse.  We have enjoyed our time with my parents and I think Scout will be sad to leave when we are finished.  As will we, my parents are amazing and super easy to get along with, I think even my husband would agree with this :)   I' m sure by know you're thinking wow what a year good thing it was almost over....NOPE!  We would again be tossed onto a roller coaster as we receive a call from his home healthcare nurse that she can't get ito the house and sees my grandpa laying on the floor.  We raced over and I called the hubby on the way, he and some friends managed to break into the house so we could get to him.   He had a massive stroke with no hope of recovery.  He passed away 3 days later.  He and I were not close in fact he was very unkind to me (my family says it is because I look so much like my grandma) but he was amazing to my little guy and for that I loved him.  the following week would be crazy hectic as we said goodbye to my grandpa with showings and a funeral service on Wednesday and decorated our new place for my brothers wedding that Saturday!  The rest of the year was LOW KEY!  Thank goodness.  SO that is my year 2013 in recap. 

We also had many amazing things happen in 2013 so don't go feeling bad for me lol!  I hope to spend the upcoming year sharing our amazing moments, family times, recipes tried, crafts conquered and so on with you.  Please join for the ride:)

No comments:

Post a Comment